Waterproofing Crew Chief Lima, OH
The Basement Doctor Northwest
From Fixed to Finished
JOB TITLE: Crew Chief
REPORTS TO: Production Manager/Foreman
JOB CLASS: Non-Exempt
Responsible for overseeing each job to completion. Reviews the job proposal and job site to determine equipment and tools needed, plan time allotment, decide workload for self and installers, and observe and prevent potential safety hazards. Takes responsibility for assembling appropriate tools and equipment, assigning tasks to installers, and moving the job toward completion to ensure efficiency and quality. Supports the management and mission of the company.
KEY PERFORMANCE INDICATORS:
Dollar per Labor Hour; Customer Service Rating
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Along with the Foreman, (1) assigns tasks of installer(s), (2) motivates and trains installers on proper handling of materials and tools and approved methods of installation of waterproofing and foundation repair, (3) ensures company policies and procedures, as well as safety guidelines, are followed, and (4) moves job progress to completion at a pace to ensure efficiency and quality.
- Along with the Foreman, reviews job specifications to determine materials, tools and equipment needed for the job. Along with the Foreman and installer(s), loads the truck with such materials, tools and equipment. (25%)
- Along with the Foreman, assesses conditions of the job once on-site. Plans time allotment, tools needed and order of work, and decides workload for self and installers. Adjusts for conditions, makes changes from original job order, troubleshoots situations, innovates process on the spot in order to complete the job to meet company standards and timetables. (25%)
- Regular and punctual attendance. Ability to work overtime if needed. If necessary, ability to legally drive a motor vehicle.
MARGINAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Performs other related duties as assigned by management.
NECESSARY KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES (KSAs) and TALENTS:
- Knowledge of construction or related trades preferred.
- Skill in operating equipment and/or power tools preferred.
- Ability to speak and write in English preferred.
- Ability to speak Spanish preferred.
- Ability to see the “big picture,” i.e. the total job and break it into steps.
- Possess talent and personal traits:
- Tactical Planning
- Problem Solving
- Work Organization
- Attention to Detail
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- High school diploma or GED preferred;
- One (1) year experience in construction trades preferred; or,
- An equivalent combination of education and experience.
Must be able to see well enough to read reports,
data, statistics & information on computer screen.
Must be able to hear well enough to communicate
on the telephone and in person.
Must be able to operate computer & calculator.
PHYSICAL DIMENSIONS for Lifting, Carrying, Pushing, Pulling:
Heavy Work: Exerting up to 100 pounds of force occasionally and/or up to 50 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 20 pounds of force constantly or to move objects.